Re: LOV Question

From: Jason Boesch <jgboesc_at_uswest.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 13:30:54 -0500

Thank you very much for your suggestions but I'm still having problems. After reviewing my first message I don't think I explained my problem very well so allow me to try again:

I have two tables: FORMAT_CHOICES, and CUSTOMER.

FORMAT_CHOICES has three columns: ID (primary key), NAME, DESCRIPTION. The LOV is based on this table.

CUSTOMER has a column called FORMAT_ID which has a foreign key relation with FORMAT_CHOICES.ID. In my text field I want to display NAME. When the user brings up the LOV, they should see NAME and DESCRIPTION but not ID.

After making their selection, only the new value of ID needs to be update in the CUSTOMER table.

Hopefully that makes more sense and you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks again!

--
Jason Boesch
jgboesc_at_uswestREMOVETHISFIRST.com