Replication? between O7 and PO7

From: Adrian Klingel <klingela_at_nospam.nt.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 10:43:24 -0500

I have a requirement to replicate certain data from my Oracle 7.3.2 database to a laptop machine which will be running Personal Oracle 7.3.3 or 7.3.4. After this data on the laptop is changed at a remoted location, I want to update my main database. Here are some things I am concerned about:
  1. Are there any issues regarding the versions I am running of both databases? Should they all be 7.3.4?
  2. Should I just write some code to do this stuff, or would it be better if I used the Advanced Replication Option? If I need the ARO, can anyone recommend a good information resource to help me accomplish this?
  3. I want other people to connect to the Personal Oracle database. They will be plugged into a portable minihub. I've connected to Personal Oracle from other machines, so I know I can at least do that. But is there a limitation on the number of users that can connect at once?

Thanks very much to anyone that can help me with this stuff!

Adrian Klingel
consultant

klingela at nt dot com Received on Thu Apr 30 1998 - 17:43:24 CEST

Original text of this message