Re: Forms - Combo Box List Item

From: <marius_at_onix.ro>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 03:33:31 -0600

In article <6i4gdt$cr4$1_at_psun6.dsccc.com>,   jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com (John Strange) wrote:

> Why not change the Case Restriction to Upper under
> the FUNCTIONAL secition of the Properity Sheet for
> FIELD.
>
> Tijuana D. Glover (tglover_at_usgs.gov) wrote:
> : I've been having trouble getting data typed in a combo box field to
> : convert to upper case.
>
> : This is the code I wrote- :block.field := upper(:block.field);
>
> : This was put in a When-List-Activated trigger. It did not work. I'm not
> : sure what the problem is. Could someone out there give me some pointers.
> : This seems like a very easy task. Thanks.
>
> : -Tijuana
>
> --
> While DSC may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job),
> DSC does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when you
> opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or use.

I've tried with When-Validate-Item trigger.The code is this :

declare
list_id := Find_Item(block_name.list_item_name); begin
if (:block_name.list_item_name is not null) then

    Add_List_Element(list_id,Get_List_Element_Count(list_id)+1     ,upper(:block_name.list_item_name),upper(:block_name.list_item_name));

end if;

end;

                     Marius again