Re: Designer/2000: ORA-942/CGEN-1246 on Default Where Clause on Generate

From: Simon Stow <sstow_at_uk.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 08:21:24 +0100

[Quoted] The generator attempts to validate the SQL it is generating by using the RDBMS to parse it. So in this case it is firing off a SQL statement with your table name and where clause in it to check that the where clause is valid for that table.

If you don't have the table in the same user, or accessible from, the Designer/2000 user then you'll get this warning from the generator.

If you are confident that your where clause is OK you can ignore it.

--

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and
do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.