Re: Auditing - Insert via Post Query Trigger

From: Anatoly V. Lisovoy <anatoly_at_ftc.ru>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 11:04:15 +0600

Ed Jennings wrote <354783E4.69AA_at_domain-tech.com> ...
>I'm running Forms 4.5 in an NT environment. I have
>a requirement to capture the SQL for every query
>launched against the database from the application.
>I tried to use the :SYSTEM.LAST_QUERY variable from
>within a POST_QUERY trigger to insert the value along

POST_QUERY trigger fires EVERY TIME When Forms fetch record to block during query executed.
In QUERY_MODE(when Forms execute query) you can't do any modifications your databse.
Try use PRE-QUERY trigger for auditing user actions - it fires once befor query execution, but best way (imho) - use server auditing ( "audit" SQL-command with AUDIT_TRAIL=TRUE options on server).

>with the username into an audit table. However the
>COMMIT statement was flagged as an error. I tried
>it without the COMMIT, and I got no error, but no

BTW - Forms "COMMIT" command is not SQL "COMMIT". Forms COMMIT flush all changes ALL base table blocks in current form. If you need SQL "COMMIT" command use FORMS_DDL('COMMIT'); function.

>e.jennings_at_domain-tech.com
>The opinions expressed here are my own, not those of Domain Technologies

Anatoly/
Sorry my english. Received on Thu Apr 30 1998 - 07:04:15 CEST

Original text of this message