Win95 IPF when attempting connection to Oracle8 DB

From: <patrick_at_jgsi.com>
Date: 1998/04/29

We've recently installed a new Oracle8 server and I've been charged with creating and administering the databases on my Windows 95 box.

My problem:

I'm TOTALLY unable to run ANY of the Oracle administration tools. Every time they attempt a connection to the server (via TCP/IP), the program crashes with an "Invalid Page Fault". Even "TNSPING80" dies. The server is working fine and all of the programs (Net8, Oracle Enterprise Manager) connect and work fine on the NT box here. I have been unsucessful at locating any useful information.

Oracle tech support is almost non-existant (3 unresolved issues, waiting 2-days)...and I suspect they wouldn't be of much assistance anyway.

Any suggestions?

Patrick Jaromin
patrick_at_jgsi.com