Re: Export Character Set

From: Michael S. Abbey <masint_at_istar.ca>
Date: 1998/04/29

On Mon, 27 Apr 1998 21:05:34 -0700, Logo Palanisamy <LogoP_at_SabariSoft.com> wrote:

>Our database (version 7.3.3 on SunOS) was created in "WE8ISO8859P1"
>character set.
>When we export from UNIX, the export log says "Export done in US7ASCII
>character set". But when we export from Enterprise Manager, the export
>log says "Export done in WE8ISO8859P1 character set".
>Why is this difference? Is this normal?
>Would doubly appreciate if you could reply to LogoP_at_SabariSoft.com

Note that the characterset checking is only done when doing export using DIRECT path. Perhaps the export youa re doing in OEM uses the conventional path. I bet if you clicked the Direct button in OEM, you would get the same error.

Michael

+  Michael S. Abbey    Ottawa Canada
+  Co-author of Oracle8: A Beginner's Guide
+ and 5 other works in the Oracle Press Series