LOV Question

From: Jason Boesch <jgboesc_at_uswest.com>
Date: 1998/04/29

[Quoted] I have a list of values with three columns: NAME, DESCRIPTION, ID. The column mapping for NAME is to a text item and ID is to an undisplayed item. The description is not mapped. In the text item I am displaying the NAME but I only want the ID to be stored in the database.

I tried using an ON_UPDATE trigger on the text item, but I've run into a strange problem. I can only change the item once. After requerying the form and trying to update the item a second time I get a "Could not reserve record" error.

Is there something special I have to do within the ON_UPDATE trigger (besides my UPDATE statement)?

Is there a better to accomplish this task?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Jason Boesch