Re: Printing BarCodes from Oracle Reports

From: Bob Sauer <rsauer_at_census.gov>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 08:31:17 -0400

I am printing 3of9 barcodes in reports using an oracle graphics display object. You don't say what platform you're on, but if you have developer 1.5 on a Win3.1 platform, there is a pll file named b3of9.pll or some such name (I don't have Win3.1 anymore and so I don't remember. It doesn't seem to be on my current platform.) Anyway, with some minor modifications to pass parameters and the like, I compiled it into an ogd using Graphics 2.5. Then within my report, I created a graphics object and assigned the ogd file to it in the property sheet. There is an example of how to do this in the Building Reports With Oracle Reports manual only they show you how to attach a postal barcode to a mailing label. Hope this helps.

Bob