Backup Tools for Oracle ??

From: CURA <cura_at_itab-net.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 10:53:20 +0200

[Quoted] [Quoted] Hi Oracle people....

Any Ideas on Backing up an open Oracle DB to Tape ?? We're using Arcserve for everything else but I've heard nasty things about Arcserve's Oracle agent.

Obviously I can shut down Oracle run + the backup overnight but this is only going to help for a little while during testing. After that, I'm knackered because other processes need access to the DB o'night.

As you guessed I'm an Oracle newbie, I don't have to perform any DB miracles (not my field..and no, our Oracle wizards have not thought about back-ups)
but as sysop I do have to back the thing up......

TIA
Andy Roffe
cura[spam-killer]_at_itab-net.com do the obvious.... CURA Received on Wed Apr 29 1998 - 10:53:20 CEST

Original text of this message