Re: Help needed. How to validate date in PL/SQL(Oracle Web Server)

From: Roel <r.peeters_at_euro-partners.nospam.nl>
Date: 29 Apr 1998 06:49:11 GMT

Hi
I am not sure if this helps.
[Date validation]
You could try to use TO_DATE to convert a string to a date, so that when it fails, you get an exception and you can respond to that.

[Numeric validation]
For the validation of a number you may want to use TO_NUMBER. Same policy as above.

Roel Peeters
Euro-Partners Informatici
r.peeters_at_euro-partners.nl

---
Remove nospam from email address to obtain a valid email address.

Divakar <kimmane_at_email.msn.com> wrote in article
<OHzI$1vc9GA.307_at_uppubnews03>...