Re: Trigger/Procedure to Insert Canned Text

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 28 Apr 1998 05:11:44 GMT

>I'm running Forms 4.5 in an NT environment. My users
>often want to query using wildcards in some fields.
>Problem is, they are slightly brain dead and can't
>remember what the wildcard character is. I want to
>be able to provide a single button that will automatically
>insert the wildcard character (%) into the currently active
>field, at the current placement of the cursor. i.e. before
>they enter any text, after they enter text, or both.
>
>Can this be done?? Any suggestions???
>
>TIA
>
>Ed Jennings

In the pre-query trigger, see if a value has been entered for any field. If it has, append/prepend the %. (you might also want to make sure the case-insensitive flag is set). For similar situations that affect a query in "ugly" ways, I use a menu option that is either checked or unchecked. Based on its state, I make the appropriate changes to the example record used in the query

hope this helps

Dan. Received on Tue Apr 28 1998 - 07:11:44 CEST

Original text of this message