Re: SQL JOIN ?

From: Peter Whyte <zephyr_at_uq.net.au>
Date: 27 Apr 1998 13:01:27 GMT

Matthew O'Byrne <Iridium_at_netcomuk.co.uk> wrote in article <6i1hef$4sb$1_at_taliesin.netcom.net.uk>...
> I've started altering an MS SQL application to work under Oracle 7.2/.3
> Is it the case that Oracle SQL does not support the JOIN syntax (e.g.
below) ?
> Does Oracle 8 ?
> Presumably the alternative is changing all of the SQL to have WHERE
clauses ?

> e.g.
> Select KeyName From Keys
> INNER JOIN UsersKeysLinks ON Keys.KID = UsersKeysLinks.KID
> Where (UsersKeysLinks.ID = 10 )
> ;
>
> Please respond, thank you.

JOIN is not part of the ANSI standard and is not supported in Oracle v7 - don't know about v8.
You would need to rewrite all the join queries

	SELECT KeyName From Keys,  UsersKeysLinks
 	WHERE Keys.KID = UsersKeysLinks.KID
 	AND	UsersKeysLinks.ID = 10

Good luck Received on Mon Apr 27 1998 - 15:01:27 CEST

Original text of this message