Re: Designer*2000 - Application version problem

From: Jeff Jacobs <jmjacobs_at_jeffreyjacobs.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 21:52:58 GMT

I recommend to customers that they generally use archive/restore for versioning and us a naming convention rather than the versioning feature.

tim.hall_at_spam.begone (Tim Hall) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I currently have 2 versions of an application system; Version 1
>representing the current release of our product, Version 2
>representing the next major release, currently in the analysis phase.
>We're using release 1.3.2
>
>The Powers That Be have decided that there must be an intermediate
>release *before* the next major release, and desire that this release
>is documented in Designer.
>
>The problem - How do I create a new version of the *previous* version
>of an application? What I really want to do is to rename version 2
>to version 3, and create a new version 2 as a copy of version 1.
>Designer*2000 will not let me do this?
>
>Has anyone else encountered this requirement? If so, has anyone got a
>good workaround?
>
>(The best solution I can thing of is to make a copy of version 1, and
>import it into another repository, then treat the original V1 as our
>new "intermediate" version)
>

>Tim Hall, Indus International (was TSW International)
>tim.hall (at) iint.com
>http://www.indusworld.com
>
>Replace domain name with the iint.com before replying via email!

-JJ

Visit our new website at http://www.jeffreyjacobs.com

 Jeffrey Jacobs & Associates
 Oracle Designer/2000 Consulting & Training  951-2 Old Country Road, Suite 119, Belmont, CA 94002  Voice: 650-571-1457, FAX: 800-665-1379
 Email: jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com
 Web: http://www.jeffreyjacobs.com

Don't miss ODTUG's Spring Conference, June 2-5, Palm Spring, CA. See http://www.odtug.com for more information! Received on Sat Apr 25 1998 - 23:52:58 CEST

Original text of this message