Re: Referencing Items Indirectly in PL/SQL

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 24 Apr 1998 15:36:50 GMT

In article <01bd6f73$a462c320$3ac8020a_at_res01484.camcnty.gov.uk>, Dept IT <john.luck_at_camcnty.gov.uk> wrote:
>Can this be done??
>
>i.e.
>
>In Form 4.5 you can use NAME_IN and COPY, is this sort of thing possible in
>PL/SQL??
Uhh... Name_In and Copy can ONLY be used in PL/SQL, from within Forms. So the answer is yes.

But I get the feeling you meant to ask something different, like "Can you use something similar in SQL Plus?" If that is the case, the answer is no. Name_In and Copy are pl/sql commands that can only be used in pl/sql within Forms. I don't know of anything similar in any other tools.

However, in SQL Plus, you can define a variable with the VARIABLE command, and use inside a pl/sql block. Try the following:   VARIABLE T VARCHAR2(100)
  Begin :T := 'Some Value'; End;
  .
  /
  PRINT T   Regards,
Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
Downloadable Quick Access utility form: Display and update any table. Received on Fri Apr 24 1998 - 17:36:50 CEST

Original text of this message