Designer*2000 - Application version problem

From: Tim Hall <tim.hall_at_spam.begone>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 08:58:05 GMT

Hi,

[Quoted] I currently have 2 versions of an application system; Version 1 representing the current release of our product, Version 2 representing the next major release, currently in the analysis phase. We're using release 1.3.2

The Powers That Be have decided that there must be an intermediate release *before* the next major release, and desire that this release is documented in Designer.

The problem - How do I create a new version of the *previous* version of an application? What I really want to do is to rename version 2 to version 3, and create a new version 2 as a copy of version 1. Designer*2000 will not let me do this?

Has anyone else encountered this requirement? If so, has anyone got a good workaround?

(The best solution I can thing of is to make a copy of version 1, and import it into another repository, then treat the original V1 as our new "intermediate" version)

Tim Hall, Indus International (was TSW International) tim.hall (at) iint.com
http://www.indusworld.com

Replace domain name with the iint.com before replying via email! Received on Fri Apr 24 1998 - 10:58:05 CEST

Original text of this message