Java & Oracle question

From: LoveDaLive <r.h.werring_at_wing.rug.nl>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 00:59:35 +0200

Hi.

I am a student of informatica from Holland wich has to make program that works with Oracle databases. Because I have no experience with Oracle databases, I am asking for some help with my program development.

We have to make a program written in Java.

It works as follows:
We have a nework, intranet, with a client and a server. On the server there is an Oracle database. Now we have to make a java-applet, wich you kan startup on the client, communicate with an applet or aplication on the server, wich can modify the database. We are trying to do this by making an telnet connection with the server. This server has to communicate with the database, probably with JDBC.

Because this is a difficult program to make, I am asking for suggestions, tools, links or whatever wich will help us to make this program.

Thanks,
Roeland Werring
Holland
p.s. Sorry for the bad English.... Received on Fri Apr 24 1998 - 00:59:35 CEST

Original text of this message