Re: Goodbye to compiling and linking. Every Database guy must know this!

From: Ewan Grantham <egainc_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Apr 1998 15:45:40 GMT

In article <353D4F56.46D10360_at_aspect.com.au>, Matt Cremer <matthew.cremer_at_aspect.com.au> wrote:

> I thought the term "guys" had generally gone beyond referring to a
> particular sex, but referred to a collection of people of any sex? I
> don't think I've addressed a group of people as "guys" and referred
> only to half of them for quite a while now! ;-)

Which is why, even though I only lived in the South (U.S.) for a few years, I heartily picked up the use of y'all. Refers to anyone of any gender in the plural, and coming from someone in the midwest is sure to be a conversation opener as well.

FWIW,
Ewan Received on Thu Apr 23 1998 - 17:45:40 CEST

Original text of this message