Re: SQL in Oracle Reports 2.5

From: <boblamb97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 07:29:06 -0600

Well, our Reports 2.5.3.6.1 Gave Internal Error ORA-0496 Unable to parse query on the following and the German Oracle Hotline told us it simply wasn't possible to select from sub-queries. This forces us to create 'help' views instead of subqueries, eg:

select PATHNAME, ALIAS_NAME
from
(select PATHNAME from V_PATHNAME_SID_REL  where F_TYPE in ( 'PATTERN' )
), V_TABLE; In article <6haimh$h8o_at_bgtnsc03.worldnet.att.net>,   jstrano_at_dulcian.com wrote:

> I haven't tried this in reports. I do know that Forms 4.5 accepts this, and
> they both use the same version on SQL and PL/SQL. My guess is that it would
> work.
>
> --
> Joe Strano
> Dulcian, Inc.
> -----------------------------
> Zeneca wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know if it is possible to have nested sub-queries in the
'from'
> > clause of a SQL query in Oracle Reports 2.5.
> >
> > ex.
> > select a , b , c from (select a,b from (select rownum a from A where
rownum
> > <5) ,B) ,C
> >
> > This works fine in SQL+ and I beleive that it conforms to ASCII entry
level
> > standards

Email: robert.lamb (at) ri.dasa.de