Re: Replication Solution/Software Needed!!!

From: Sanjay T Mathew <alsm1_at_micro.lucent.com>
Date: 1998/04/22

The reason we are not using Oracles replication option is :

We want to replicate a tables from one production site to a production site and a training site. In the past we have faced problems that when one snapshot site had a broken link then to resolve the problem we had to rebuild the snapshots at all the sites. In the current scenario if there is a problem with the snapshot at the training site we do not want to affect the production snapshot by rebuilding it just because the training snapshots are affected. This is especially true when the tables to be replicated are huge. We are using oracle 7.1.6 on the production site , i do not know if this problem has been fixed in 7.3.

Your comments are appreciated.