?? Tips on Moving DB2 to Oracle 7.3 ??

From: Alan Slay <theslays_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 01:23:58 GMT

We are going to integrate one of our smaller DB2 databases into our Oracle database. I was wondering what tools/methods others have used to perform this migration. We plan on exporting/downloading (I don’t know much about DB2) the data into flat ASCII files and then using SQL*LOADER and/or small programs (depending on the data massaging (i.e. internal keys) that needs to be done) to get the data into our Oracle database. We plan on converting all of the DB2 dates to a YYYYMMDD format and then using to_date to get them correct in Oracle. We do not have any timestamps to deal with. What are the other datatypes/issues that I need to worry about? By the way, we plan on downloading the DB2 columns into fixed, maximum length fields on the flat files.

Please email any responses to ALS_at_AKC.ORG or RRH_at_AKC.ORG or ALANSLAY_at_INAME.COM

Thank you in advance for your response. Received on Wed Apr 22 1998 - 03:23:58 CEST

Original text of this message