Re: 4 digit year problem

From: Peter de Wolff <p.c.de.wolff_at_pve.agro.nl>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 20:06:23 +0200

Yu Dong wrote:

Hi, I can setup the date format as I like on the form, but when sending
the data to the table, it is still DD-MON-YY. I must have missed some
setup work. Can anyone give a clue?

Thank in advance.

Yu

  I think the default database-format of your database is dd-mon-yy (factory standard). This does not say that the data in the database holds YY. oracle stores your date with full century-info. Try a select like this:
select to_char(yourdate,'dd-MON-yyyy') from yourtable.
Now you will see your data is four digits.

Peter Received on Tue Apr 21 1998 - 20:06:23 CEST

Original text of this message