Re: Your opinions of Designer 2000??

From: Peter de Wolff <p.c.de.wolff_at_pve.agro.nl>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 20:03:09 +0200

Hi,

First things first, i use designer a lot and hardly use developer except for reports.

Using designer or developer depends on what you wanna do with it:

If you want to design an application using all the stadiums of a It-project you will need designer. In Developer you cannot build and design at Entity-level.

If you just wanna build screens and reports on a existing database that is not build from designer you should use developer. It is the most like VB, Access, Foxpro, etc.

Fact is, that you can manage an application much better from designer than from developer.

But remeber that developer and designer are other products. You can use developer without designer, but you cannot use designer without developer.

Peter