Re: Your opinions of Designer 2000??

From: Paul Dorsey <pdorsey.dulcian_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1998/04/20

Always willing to be the bad apple, I have to say that both are right. Developer is good for some things and Designer is good for others. To do either 100% generation for all apps or to ignore the Des2K generators is not the best approach. You need to understand BOTH products to be able to intelligently decide.

Even if you are going to strive for near 100% generation (full 100% generation is only optimal for a limited GUI standard), it is essential that you understand Dev2K very well.

We have a paper on our web site that lays out my thoughts on this in some detail.
"What is the Optimal Development Environment Using Designer 2000 and Deeveloper 2000"

--
Paul Dorsey
Dulcian, Inc.