Re: Pro*C - sqlca.sqlcode & sqlca.sqlerrd[2] not populated correctly!

From: Conrad Halling <halling_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1998/04/18

I got burned by this.

sqlca.sqlcode should be a 32-bit int, but you are getting 64-bit ints. If you read the code produced by Pro*C, you will see that whether you get 32-bit ints or 64-bit ints depends on whether a symbol has been #define'd. This is not a problem if you build your Makefile correctly to match what Oracle does in its sample code. Otherwise, I think you have to add -Dosf or something similar to the cc command line.

Something else to watch for on Digital Unix: Pro*C does not handle the assert macro properly and will report mysterious errors.

In article <rchakErH5n5.H6H_at_netcom.com>, rchak_at_netcom.com (Ranga Chakravarthi) wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Platform: Digital Alpha Unix
> Oracle: 7.3.3.5
> Pro*C : 2.2.3
>
> Could someone explain to me what is going on here?

<snip>

--
Conrad Halling
halling_at_ix.netcom.com