Running reports 1.1,2.5, forms 3.0,4.5 on 7.3.3 - can it be done !!!!!!!!!

From: Andy Tasker <andy_at_spirocom.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/04/17

Folks,

I have a client who is running the following configuration :

7.1.4 with forms 3.0 calling reports 1.1

They are currently migrating to 7.3.3. However, due to availability, they still need to run forms 3.0 and reports 1.1 on this platform. This I have successfully achieved by using a partial install of the 7.2.3 RSF on the server with the forms 3.0 and reports 1.1 product (in a different oracle home !). The users then set their environment as if they are using 7.2.3, and SQL*Net handles the connection requests to the 7.3.3 database.

Now my question ! The are going to migrate the reports to 2.5 before the forms application. To do this, they are going to need to run 2.5 and 1.1 on the server, in tandem. Can I simply install the 2.5 CBS reports product in the 7.2.3 installation, and call 2.5 reports from the forms 3.0 application as per 1.1 ?

You can mail me at andyt_at_spirocom.demon.co.uk with any suggestions.

BTW, I (and the client) knows that none of this is a) ideal or b) supported. This is a short term hatch-it job to maintain availability until the system is completely migrated !

Thanks in advance,

Andy Tasker
Spirocom Analysts Ltd. Received on Fri Apr 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message