migrating from Forms 4.5 to 5.0

From: Damon Bowman <dbowman2_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1998/04/15

What is the procedure for upgrading forms that use code in an attached library? We have forms that use PL/SQL libraries attached through the file system. The paths of these libraries have been removed.

When we open these forms in 5.0, they work OK, they compile fine, but when they are run, we get an ORA-06508 (PL/SQL: could not find program being called) unhandled exception. We have traced the error to any line of code that calls a library procedure. I have tried opening, compiling, and saving the libraries individually, then opening the forms. I have also tried re-attaching the libraries after they have been upgraded. Same results. The re-compiled libraries are in the same directory as the form I am running (both the fmb and the fmx) and this directory is on my FORMS_50_PATH in the registry.

What am I missing here? Received on Wed Apr 15 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message