Re: Q: How to pass record from a trigger?

From: Henk de Wilde <dewildeh_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: 1998/04/15

On 14 Apr 1998 21:40:26 EDT, "J. A. Hallman" <hallman_at_concentric.net> wrote:

>From within a before update trigger I would like to call a procedure
>passing :NEW and :OLD as parameters. When attempting this I receive
>compile errors even the the procedure parameters are defined with
>%ROWTYPE. Is there a way to pass the entire row with passing each
>individual field?
>
>Jeff
>hallman_at_concentric.net

In his book "Oracle8 PL/SQL Programming" Scott Urman states explicitly that :new and :old are only syntactically records, but are implemented as bindvariables, so that all the fieldvalues _have_ to be assigned individualy.

Disappointing, isn't it...

Sorry I couldn't help

Henk de Wilde. Received on Wed Apr 15 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message