Re: Developer/2000 vs. Delphi

From: André Klück <akluck01_at_wxs.nl>
Date: 1998/04/15

Guillermo,

Depends on the lifecycle and amount of changes to be expexted. Personally I like to use Designer and generated anything I need. Next time, anybody else, is pushing the generate-button the very same outcome is to be expected.
I even generate my serverside code from Designer (check Guidelines/2000 on http://www.ucc.nl/). This serverside code is very much wanted, as Roel Peeters allready pointed out): you don't want to put intelligence into a client!

Although Developer/2000-tools have their limits on the integration on the Windows platform, do not underestimate the extra effort, costs!, in the years the application has to function and has to be adapted to changes. Designer and generating is a good goal. Guidelines/2000 serverside generator and Delphi is a fine combination.

m.vr.gr.,
André