Re: Database Extraction Tool Help and Education

From: Clif Graves <cgraves_at_nrcm.org>
Date: 1998/04/15

[Quoted] Aerich Strobel wrote in message <3531875F.96B58A8B_at_rcinet.com>...
>Databasers,
>
>I need to find a database extraction tool for Oracle databases. I hope
>this is the newsgroup for this query

I would like to add my own related Database Extraction Question. We have an Oracle 6 database running on our NetWare server. We acquired this as part of a proprietary package some years ago. We are looking for a package that allows us to access the data outside the "locked box" provided with the original vendor. At this point we cannot afford to migrate to Newer Oracle. Other tools on hand are Delphi Client Server and Access 97 but I have yet to manage a working connection in our now Win 95 environment. My thought is that the answer to Aerich Strobel's question may well be the answer to mine as well. Thanks for any thoughts.

Clif Graves
IS Manager
Natural Resources Council of Maine
271 State St. Augusta, ME 04330