Re: 4 digit year problem

From: Amine Y. Tarhini <amine_tarhini_at_acs-inc.com>
Date: 1998/04/15

To force the user to enter 0098 or 1998, use MM/DD/FXYYYY for the format mask item property. Forms then will only allow a 4 digit year entry. The error message the user receives when entering a digit year is:

   FRM-40209: Field must be of for MM/DD/FXYYYY. Since this might be confusing for the end user, create an ON-ERROR trigger for the item and issue a message of your liking, such as:   MESSGAE('4 digit year only please!');

By the way, FX in the format mask stands for Format Exact.

Hope this helps.
Amine

BORIS USHUMIRSKIY <BORISU_at_prodigy.net> wrote in article <6gugn2$4hb4$1_at_newssvr04-int.news.prodigy.com>...