Forms 5.0: Excel OLE automation

From: Adrian Klingel <klingela_at_nospam.nt.com>
Date: 1998/04/14

To anyone who can help me:

OCX or OLE? All I want is an Excel spreadsheet to appear in my Form, and I want to be able to write code to communicate with the cells in the spreadsheet. Also, I would like a user to be able to take an Excel spreadsheet from a floppy, look at it through Forms 5.0, and then run a procedure which copies info from the spreadsheet into the database. I know this is a lot to ask, so if anybody could just point me to a good resource, I can look into it myself. I've read Oracle's White Papers, and I see the code samples. But what does this have to do with importing an OLE object (of which there are about 50 different types listed in the drop down menu in Forms 5.0)?

Also, I need to find out the difference between all these different types of Excel OLE objects and what they do. Thanks a million in advance.

Adrian Klingel Received on Tue Apr 14 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message