Re: Developer/2000 vs. Delphi

From: Roel <r.peeters_at_iname.com>
Date: 1998/04/14

Hi
I think Delphi is a great RAD tool in combination with Oracle Databases. We are developing applications in Delphi 3 and Oracle, using Delphi to create clients, and Oracle PL/SQL to create server components. Especially since the C/S is very powerfull in creating Client/Server apps, has indeed a low learning curve (based on Pascal, and which programmer hasn't programmed in Pascal ;-)) It's an object oriented tool, which supports the component technology very good. It also supports Microsoft Windows 95/NT to the very most, because the Windows API is available to the fullest. Borland has an agreement with Oracle on developing not only Delphi C/S, but also JBuilder etc.
A lot of components are indeed freely available or at a cheap price. Though you should also consider the following: should you invest in time and money to learn a new tool, or should you invest money and time to learn Developer/2000 to the most. I do not know Developer/2000 but I am very happy (comparing Delphi to other C/S tools) to use Delphi.

Roel Peeters
Euro-Partners Informatici

Guillermo Chacón V. <gcv_at_compuserv.cnb.net> wrote in article <D36C7DEA69C6F52A.40A5DCEAE2EF5279.A39F626D3599D2CA_at_library-proxy.airnews.ne t>...