PROBLEM LOADING A STRING THAT DOESN'T CHANGE

From: Thomas Morgan <tmorgan_at_mail.sdsu.edu>
Date: 1998/04/13

[Quoted] Hi, everyone:

        I am using SQLLOAD to fill a table from a file. Only some of the fields from the table are in the file, the rest are constant value fields, I think that may be I can do it as follows :

LOAD DATA
INFILE 'USR$DISK7:[ORAFAO.TOMAS.CURRENT]FAS_EOP_99.FAO' BADFILE 'USR$DISK7:[ORAFAO.TOMAS.PAIS_LOAD]FAS_EOP_99.bad' DISCARDFILE 'USR$DISK7:[ORAFAO.TOMAS.PAIS_LOAD]FAS_EOP_99.discard' REPLACE
INTO TABLE STUDENTS_TESTER
(

    SSN                    position(1:9),
    FAO_YEAR         "1999",
    FAO_PERIOD      "FALL",

    STATUS_CODE position(40:40),
)

When I run this script, I get the following error message:

SQL*Loader-930: Error parsing insert statement for column EOP_STUDENTS_TESTER.FAO_PERIOD.
ORA-00984: column not allowed here

If I do a desc on this table, I can see this field, but the loader somehow doesn't recognize it, does anybody have an idea what is going on. Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks, Received on Mon Apr 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message