Re: connection ASP - Oracle 7.3 via ODBC?

From: Chuck Powley <Chuck_powley_at_health.lmig.ca>
Date: 1998/04/10

Cyrille Bonnet wrote:

> I'm trying to use ASP to connect to an Oracle 7.3 database. I'm running
> Oracle client and IIS4 on a NT Server, and Oracle 7.3.2.2.0 on a Sun
> Solaris 2.5.1.
>
> A connection to a local Access database works fine (same ASP code), and
> I can connect to my Oracle database via SQLPlus form the NT Server.
>
> Both the Microsoft and the Oracle drivers failed to work (see below for
> the exact error messages), so here are my questions:
>
> * Did somenone get these ODBC drivers to work with Oracle 7.3?

There are 2 patchs to apply to 7.3.2 required to have any third party tool talk to ORACLE. I am not at the office now. When I return monday. I could provide you the patch number to be applied. I don't know what ORACLE would think of me mailing the patches directly. Received on Fri Apr 10 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message