Discarting changes in Block without refetch whole block

From: Jan Januska <J.Januska_at_sh.cvut.cz>
Date: 1998/04/09

[Quoted] Hi all!

I have a block in Forms 4.5.

When i navigate between records in block, i check if record current record is changed. When is changed, message appears "Save Yes/No". If i select No, I want reset that record to starting values (when fetch from database).
I have some ideas solving that problem but are little "dirty".

  1. Clear block, Execute_Query and Go_Record

This solution is time-consuming when plenty of record are fetch

2. set all items values to DATABASE_VALUE and mark record as QUERY

This is more better, but is not universal for another block. I don't know how to create library procedure having as parameter name of block

Has anybody clearly solution?

Thanks Jan Januska Received on Thu Apr 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message