upgrading to D2k release 2.0

From: Damon Bowman <dbowman2_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1998/04/09

[Quoted] Our site is currently running d2k 1.3. We have some forms stored in the database from which every form in our application is referencing an object group.

When I installed release 2, I noticed that the items within these object groups are lost when opening a form which contains the reference. I assume that it is because the referenced form has not been upgraded to Forms 5.0 and stored in the new tables used for storing forms.

What concerns me is that I really need to be able to have both versions of the referenced form live at the same time in the same database instance. We have an existing app that uses Forms 4.5, and I need to be able to gradually upgrade users to use the new 5.0 version of the runtime after we have re-compiled all the forms.

If I install the new tables for storing objects with release 2.0, will it hose the existing objects stored there? Is it possible for these two versions of a form to co-exist in the database? Received on Thu Apr 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message