Re: User friendly GUI tools for ORACLE (or SQL commands)

From: Robert Fernandes <rfernand_at_llnl.gov>
Date: 1998/04/09

Or instead of paying for the software mentioned below, you can acquire TOAD (Tool for Oracle Application Developers) from Toadsoft (www.toadsoft.com). This is now a freeware Win 95/NT application that allows you to do everything mentioned below plus more. We have been using it here for the past week and have found it to be more useful than SQL*Plus and Procedure Builded combined, plus it has a powerful DB object browser.

Have a look, it would be time well spent.

Holger Heidenbluth wrote:

 bonanos_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi Femi
> >
> > I've had trouble modifying my package bodies and I was wondering if
> > there are any user friendly ways to do it apart from using the Oracle
> > Schema Manager.
> >
> > Are there any 3rd party GUI tools that make it easy to print hard copies
> > of stored procedures and packages?

 Try Hora - the ulimate administration tool for Oracle databases.  You can download a free 30 day trial version from  http://www.keeptool.com .
 It can do everything you described and much more, and for a very  moderate price.

> > Alternatively, are there any SQL statements that allow you to extract a
> > package into a text file so you can make modifications and upload it?
>
> Hi Femi
>
> You Can use Procedure builder which comes with developer2000.
>
> Or you can use your favourite text editor (even notepad) to write your
> procdeures and then in SQL Plus you can call that saved text file.

  <SNIP FOOTERS>

    _   |      Robert Fernandes - LLNL AIS Department      |   _
 _( /_  |      Phone:       (925) 423-1397                 |  _) )_
(((\ \) |_     Fax:         (925) 423-5882                _| (/ /)))
(\\\\ \_/ )    LLNL Email:  rfernand_at_llnl.gov            ( \_/ ////)
 \       /                  fernandes6_at_llnl.gov           \        /
  /   / |      Home Email:  rfernand_at_ainet.com             | \    \