Re: Des2000 DBWiz re-orders fields ??

From: BobH <b-horton_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1998/04/08

Mark wrote:

> When Database Wizard takes our logical schema defined in Entity
> Relationship, and produces the Data Schema, it generates fields in the Data
> Schema in a DIFFERENT order to the order they are entered in th ER.
>
> How can I prevent this happening ?
>
> Development of our db is ongoing, but a part (and only a subsection) of our
> application is Oracle Forms, and re-ordering the fields is screwing the
> forms up.
>
> TIA
> Mark
>
> PO8
> NT4
> (we are not using any other components of Des2000)
  I've also found this to occur on me.It uses a seq column for reports and the like. I think the tie breaker is the column name. Hence outta order. To put in your order.....

 When you Double Click on an Entity, a Dialogue box comes up. Select the Attributes Tab. All the Entity's attributes are listed. You can change the order by entering a Sequence number in the sequence column. When the way you like then save and regenerate your ddl. It uses that column for reports and the like. I think the tie breaker is the column name. Received on Wed Apr 08 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message