Re: How to status of a row in the database

From: Doug Carter <dcarter_at_tui.com.au>
Date: 1998/04/08

Hi Jocke,

>I'm would like to know if there is a way to find
>out if a previous fetched row has been updated
>in the database before I write it back with updates.

Another variation of Charle's suggestion is to add a version column to your table. This might be a sequence or a timestamp. This idea requires a bit of work however, especially in ensuring all updates trigger a change in the version. It can however be a useful method if your table contains longs, you do not originally select all columns or your table has a lot of columns.

Cheers, Doug Carter
Database Administrator
TUI Consulting Received on Wed Apr 08 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message