VFP and Oracle

From: Bastien piroue <bastien.piroue_at_gsi-pat.de>
Date: 1998/04/07

Hello,

I have a problem concerning VFP and Oracle 8 - Server.

We have an application where an interface to remote Databases is implemented. All works fine with MS SQL - Server and, with some work, also with ORACLE 7.3.3. But: Our customer wants to use the Oracle 8.0.4.0 - Server - Version. By putting thze data via the ODBC - driver 8.04, 8.041, 8.042 or 8.042, VFP crashes when issuing the tebleupdate command, which tells the ODBC driver to put the data to the server. Sometimes, the first tableupdate - command crashes, sometimes the 20'th command crashes.

I can't imagine, that VFP and Oracle 8.0.4 won't work together. Any ideas? Received on Tue Apr 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message