embedded function in Oracle database

From: Tse Ka Wai <kwtse_at_cs.hku.hk>
Date: 1998/04/07

[Quoted] i am currently doing a project on using PowerBuilder as the front end at the NT and Oracle at the UNIX as the back end.

i would like to know if there is any means for me to put a function in the back end side such that this function can filter data retrieved from the PowerBuilder.

e.g. i have stored some integers in a table in Oracle which are encrypted and when the PowerBuilder retrieves these integers, they will be decrypted and be stored in a data window in their real values. my function is to decrypt those integers, not decrypting it in the database table but the value in PowerBuilder. i do not want the function be in the PowerBuilder as i do not want to add much code in PB.

thanks in advance.

good luck.

tse ka wai CS3 --> ? Received on Tue Apr 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message