Report Parameter Forms across the Web

From: busavage <busavage_at_erols.com>
Date: 1998/04/07

Hi,
Is anyone running reports across the web, using the default parameter form that Reports generates to change report parameters before running the query.

I am using Developer 2.0 with Reports 3.0, Oracle 8, and Oracle Web Application Server 2.1. (We were using OWS 3.0 but found bugs that Oracle Technical Service had us go back to 2.1 temporarily.)

When I run a report on the server with Report Builder 3.0 or Report Runtime, the report runs fine. The default report parameter form comes up, you can make appropriate changes, click on run,and the report runs with the parameters you entered.

Across the web, the report executes fine, the Report Parameter Form is created and sent to the browser by Reports 3.0 (with the addition of a Reset Button and a Submit Query Button). Then after changing any parameters, you click the Submit Query and the report runs but with the original parameters. No changes have any effect.

I would love to hear from anyone using these default parameter forms successfully. Thank you for any help. Send to me at the return Email address or to:
jbusavage_at_aspex.com

JohnB Received on Tue Apr 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message