Re: Converting Forms 3.0 to Forms 4.5

From: Allgas Energy Ltd <trskinner_at_allgas.com.au>
Date: 1998/04/05

On Fri, 03 Apr 1998 15:41:42 -0600, Billy Barnett <bbarnett_at_utmem1.utmem.edu> wrote:

>We are trying to convert a Forms 3.0 to Forms 4.5 character mode. The
>problem we are having is in the Forms 4.5 Layout Editor. The screen
>shown on the terminal and the screen shown in the Layout Editor do not
>match. Has anyone figured out a way (either by changing fonts, ruler
>settings, character size settings) to design a character mode form and
>get it to look the same from Layout Editor to terminal screen.

We had the same problem - you just can't get them to look the same but they can be made similiar enough to work with 1) Set the default font to
FORMS45_DEFAULT_FONT="Terminal.9.Plain.Medium" 2) Alter properties within the form

  • form level, display, coordinate information, set to character and un-check default font scaling, character width 8, height 16 Good luck