Re: Designer 2000

From: Joe Strano <pdorsey.dulcian_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1998/04/05

[Quoted] All the books have their place.

First, you should get them all (there are only a few anyway)

The Designer 200 Handbook from Oracle Press by Dorsey (that's me) and Koletzke has a heavy methodological focus. It covers how to build systems using Des2K.

The Designer 2000 Handbook by Anderson and Wendelkin (yes, it has the same title) is a solid tech reference manual.

The Book by Maria Billings (RAD Development Using Designer 2000 -- or something like that) has the best tutorial for beginners.

Albert Lilushie's Designer 2000 Book is more of a big general book like what
Que publishes.

You will eventually want a book on the generators. Oracle Press should release that one
later this year. It will be by Kramm, Dirkson, and Atkins.

Paul Dorsey
Dulcian, Inc.

Ellen Russell <Ellen_Russell_at_dg.com> wrote in article <01bd5d1b$ac31ffe0$2a34dd80_at_ellenr3.us.dg.com>...
> I need to learn Designer 2000. Can anyone recommend a good book to help?

[Quoted] > Any useful comments on this tool would also be appreciated. I don't have