Re: Export Problem

From: Paul Brewer <paulb_at_pbrewer.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/04/04

In article <35226037.624937140_at_twisto.eng.hou.compaq.com>, Narinder.Chauhan_at_Compaq.com writes
>I have a SCO UNIX (version 3) running Oracle 7.1.4, I would like to
>transfer this database over to NT and Oracle 7.3.4. Normally I would
>take a full system export and move that over and import into the
>target database. However I do not have enough space on my UNIX box to
>create the dump file (the DB size is 25 Gig with around 12 Gig of
>data) I need approx. 12 Gig and only have 5 Gig free on several file
>systems. Has anyone mounted NT files systems on UNIX, or exported
>directly to tape and that tape has been read by NT ?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Narinder
I can think of a solution that should work, though it may not be the best.

1) Make a copy of CATEXP.SQL on unix box
2) Edit the exu7tab view in CATEXP.SQL to exclude some large tables
3) Full Database export on unix box, and ftp it to NT box
4) Create NT database, tablespaces etc. and import
5) Restore original CATEXP.SQL on unix box
6) User or table level exports/imports to migrate remaining objects
Hope this helps
--
Paul Brewer