Re: SYSDATE strange behaviour

From: Pat Smith <patrick_at_fifthd.ca>
Date: 1998/04/03

On 3 Apr 1998 06:50:52 GMT, GreMa_at_t-online.de (Matthias Gresz) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>check the timezone settings for oracle on the server as well as on the client.
>
>On Thu, 02 Apr 1998 16:44:52 +0200, Martin Terpstra <terpstra_at_ats.nld.alcatel.nl> wrote:

Specifically, I believe you want to determine what the TZ was set to for the user that started the listener (presumably Oracle). If a client process connects to the db via a TCP connection, it gets the TZ setting from the listener process, regardless of whether or not the client process is local or remote. If the client connects via IPC, (only available for "local" clients), the TZ setting comes from the the user running the client.

Atleast, that's my vague understanding of the whole thing....

Pat Smith Received on Fri Apr 03 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message