Re: Motif Server Manager

From: Gilles Hamel <hamel_g_at_club-internet.fr>
Date: 1998/04/01

Alan V wrote:

> I am running Oracle 7.3.3.4 on UnixWare 2.1.2. I installed Server Manager
> (Motif) but when I go to run it I get the following:
>
> TK2-00001: an undefined Oracle Toolkit II failure occurred
>
> The Developer/2000 tools run fine in Motif mode, but Oracle said that they
> can't help me since I am running from an NT server doing X-Windows emulation
> against a Unix server and trying to run a Motif product. I guess they can't
> handle diversity. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.
>
> Alan V

  Take care with the oracle toolkit II. It works only with X server in 8bpp depth color mode. Check it with xdpyinfo command. I you use exceed, you can set an option to emulate 8 bits Pseudocolor mode in truecolore mode only for clients which claims it. Received on Wed Apr 01 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message