Re: Mapping Oracle Designer 2000 <--> Rational Rose?

From: Jamie O'Shaughnessy <joshaugh_at_uk.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/04/01

On Mon, 30 Mar 1998 14:37:06 -0800, "Russ Marcil" <rmarcil_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

>I'm no Power-That-Be, but do yourself and your company a favor by looking
>into Riverton's HOW CASE tool in lieu of Rational Rose. It is much easier
>to work with, more closely tied to the PFC of Powerbuilder, works with the
>ERWin Data modeler, and uses Domains like Des2K. It also partitions the
>application code into a presentation layer and a business object layer so
>that you can go 3-tier C/S and web-enabled simultaneously while reusing the
>business logic on the middle tier.

Do yourself a real favour and have a look at Object Database Designer / Designer/2000 r2. You won't have all the effort of porting you repos and you'll [Quoted] get a very nice UML modeller with support of Oracle 8 including object types.

Jamie

Jamie O'Shaughnessy                        Work: joshaugh _at_ uk.oracle.com
Oracle C++ Object Layer Generator Team
Opinions expressed here are my own and not those of... (__)|-</-\(__ |__ -_ Received on Wed Apr 01 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message