Network Install of Oracle products

From: Mark Cudmore <mcudmore_at_kamloops.env.gov.bc.ca>
Date: 1998/04/01

[Quoted] Hi all, I have been given the task of finding out if it is possible to have an administrative install of Oracle Administrative products reside on a network, and then to have users in the admin group run these applications from the network, instead of installing all these products on each machine. We presently use Oracle Designer/2000, Developer/2000, Enterprise Manager 1.4. Our administrative group normally runs on Windows NT workstations with 64 MB of Ram. We have a 10MB/sec Ethernet network.

We have a site license for all the above products, so licensing is not a concern, just disk space!

If anyone can give me any pointers as to where I can find out about doing this, please let me know.

Another day in the era of more bang for the buck!

--
Mark Cudmore
email: mcudmore_at_kamloops.env.gov.bc.ca